The Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF)
Promoting, Advancing and Developing the Production of Milk and Dairy Products
Established over 30 years ago, originally as the National Association of Dairy Farmers – NADF – the Association grew in leaps and bounds, and in 2013, was re-branded to the Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF).
Its Aims and Objectives are:
- To promote, advance and develop the production of milk and dairy products in Zimbabwe;
- To advance and protect the interests of all sections and categories of producers;
- By so doing, to play a pivotal anchor role in the dairy industry in Zimbabwe.
Just some of the ways in which ZADF serves its Membership are:
- Attending Regional Meetings to maintain contact with Members, establish their needs, then endeavour
to meet them;
- Communicating with major milk buyers to encourage payment of a viable price for raw milk;
- Arranging discussion groups and field days for all levels of producers;
- Maintaining membership of relevant regional and international dairy organisations, so that Members are included in the international dairy industry;
- Maintaining contact with local agro-industries, Government Departments and other relevant stakeholders; and
- Playing a facilitating role to enhance the efficiency of milk production in Zimbabwe.
Primary Services ZADF provides to its Members:
- Technical Extension Services;
- Communications and Information;
- Lobbying relevant decision makers, departments and agencies, to protect and serve the interests of Members.