The Pig Producers’ Association of Zimbabwe
The Pig Producers’ Association of Zimbabwe was formed to serve the interests of pig producers, both large and small scale.
Information on pig production, profitability and sustainability is shared between members so that the industry remains vibrant and viable.
The vision of the Association is to be a broad based national body that respects and values the benefits of enhanced pig production and marketing and to support all Zimbabwean pig producers’ in their efforts for profitability and sustainability.
The mission of the Association is to represent the pig industry with one unified voice and to promote and educate for a sustainable and socially responsible, profitable and globally competitive pork industry.
To achieve the mission, the Association endeavours:
- To provide leadership and expert scientific advice in animal health, welfare and conservation;
- To provide a platform for our stakeholders to exchange ideas on pig production efficiencies, cost management and marketing;
- To facilitate continuing education of members and various stakeholders;
- To encourage research and dissemination of information among pig producers, by establishing links with all associates in the industry in Zimbabwe as well as globally;
- To protect the interests of the pig industry through lobbying relevant authorities for supportive legislation and regulation;
- To work with government, other institutions and bodies for the development and growth of the pig industry; and
- To consolidate, maintain and grow the markets for pork and pork products through market research, promotions, advertisement, shows and exhibitions.